Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The answer lies somewhere between yes and no

While in Malaysia, I took advantage of the affordable dental care and decided to get my wisdom tooth pulled. It took forever for the freezing to take. I asked the dentist why that was. She answered with, “Do you drink a lot?”

I didn’t know how to answer. Certainly, the response wasn’t “yes”, but truthfully, the answer wasn’t “no”. Having met up with some fun Canadian friends, we had been partying heavily that week. My delay in response clinched it for the dentist; she was sure I was a lush.

While I myself was horribly embarrassed by the incident, our fun Canadian friends, when hearing the story, thought it was hilarious. That’s when Brian of Cherokee coined the phrase, “The answer lies somewhere between yes and no”.

And when you think about it, isn’t that the answer to many questions about life?

No comments: